Are you facing Netgear_ext not visible on the Network list issue? If yes, then don’t need to panic. Here, we have arrived with basic troubleshooting methods to resolve Netgear_ext not visible on the Network list. Just browse the below section, you might find the information useful.
Fixed: Netgear_ext not visible on Network List
Reboot Your Netgear Extender
Minor technical glitches can sometimes cause this specific issue. Therefore, you can consider rebooting your Netgear extender to fix Netgear_ext not visible on the network list issue.
Simply follow the step-by-step instructions to reboot your Netgear extender:
- Remove all WiFi-enabled devices from your extender.
- Turn off and unplug your Netgear extender from the power source.
- Allow some time to pass before plugging your extender back into the power outlet.
- Reconnect your WiFi-enabled devices to your Netgear extender after turning it on.
Determine whether the problem you’re currently dealing with has been resolved. If not, continue reading to learn more.
Verify Your Internet Connection
To work efficiently, you must ensure that the WiFi-enabled device you are using has a stable internet connection. If you’re using a wired connection, make sure the Ethernet cable is free from any kind of wear and tear. Otherwise, you may experience connectivity issues, which may be one of the reasons why Netgear_ext SSID does not appear in the network list. To avoid losing WiFi signals in a wireless connection mode, make sure that your Netgear extender is placed within range of your home router.
Check the Power Source
You must examine the power socket to which your Netgear extender is connected. The power supply to the extender can be disrupted if the power socket is damaged or short-circuited. If you discover any damage to the power socket, try plugging your Netgear extender into another socket. Also, make sure the AC cable is in good working order. If the cable has been damaged, replace or repair it to resolve the Netgear ext not visible on the network list issue.
Update Your Netgear Extender Firmware
Check to see if your Netgear extender’s firmware has been updated to the latest version. If not, then upgrade it to the most latest version. However, some users are unaware of the procedure for updating the firmware of their Netgear extender; therefore, to make the task easier, we have compiled a list of steps to assist you in upgrading the firmware of your Netgear extender without any difficulty.
- You are required to power on your Netgear extender and computer.
- Access a web browser that is up to date on your computer device.
- Then, in the address field, type mywifiext.net and press the Enter key.
Important: If you’re using the MAC operating system, go to mywifiext.local to get to the Netgear extender login page.
- You will now be directed to the Netgear extender login page, where you are required to enter the default username and password in the appropriate fields.
- After you’ve entered all of the necessary information, click the login button.
- The Netgear Genie setup wizard will appear on the screen after you have successfully logged in.
- Navigate your mouse to the Advanced tab, then to Administration, and finally to Firmware update.
- Then, click the Check button to see if there are any new Netgear extender firmware updates.
- If there are any new updates available, click Yes to begin the update process.
- Now, to update the firmware on your Netgear extender, follow the on-screen instructions.
Reset and Re-configure your Netgear extender
If none of the above solutions work for you, we recommend you reset your Netgear extender to its default factory settings and re-configure it from scratch. To make things easier, we’ve put together a list of simple steps to help you reset your Netgear extender without difficulty.
To reset your device, follow these steps:
- On your Netgear extender, look for the Reset button.
- Once you’ve found the button, use a pin-pointed object to press and hold the Reset button until the LEDs begin to blink.
- The Netgear extender will then restart automatically and be reset to factory default settings.
Also Read: netgear router not working
Now, you need to re-configure your Netgear extender using mywifiext.net to enjoy seamless internet services.
Hopefully, the above-listed steps will definitely help you to resolve the Netgear_ext not visible on the network list issue.