Experiencing the TP-Link repeater amber light issue is one of the most frustrating issues for users. If you too have got your knickers in a twist because of the same issue, then worry not because we are here to guide you. In this article, we have toted up some of the most effective hacks that will assist you in troubleshooting the issue at hand. Thus, wait no more, and give this post a read.
Resolved: TP-Link Repeater Amber Light Issue
- Reboot Your TP-Link Repeater
Technical glitches are one of the biggest factors contributing to the TP-Link repeater amber light issue. To get rid of the glitches, you need to try the simplest hack i.e rebooting your TP-Link wireless repeater.
To learn how to reboot your device, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Turn off your tplinkrepeater and unplug it from its wall outlet.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your TP-Link repeater back into its wall socket and power it on.
Now, check whether the TP-Link repeater persists. Does it? If you are nodding your head in yes, consider following the next troubleshooting step.
- Check the Ethernet Connection
The Ethernet cable maintaining a connection between your TP-Link wireless repeater and your home router should not be worn out or damaged. On the off chance, it is, it is recommended that you get it exchanged with a new one.
If you don’t find this option suitable according to your needs, consider connecting your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Pull Your Devices Closer
Too much distance between your TP-Link wireless repeater and your home router can make it difficult for your devices to function properly and lead you to issues like the one you are currently struggling with.
Therefore, unplug your repeater from the wall socket it is currently plugged into and plugs it into the one located near the host router.
- Say No to WiFi Interference
Think about it, if the WiFi signals of your TP-Link wireless repeater are getting interrupted or blocked, will it be able to function well? No right?
Thus, make sure that your repeater is not placed anywhere near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, corners, thick concrete walls, and utensils containing a large amount of water.
- Perform TP-Link Firmware Update
Another hack that you can implement to troubleshoot the TP-Link repeater amber light issue is to update the firmware of your wireless device by accessing the TP Link repeater login page.
Here is how you can easily go about the process:
- Switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser as per your choice.
- Download the latest firmware version for your TP-Link repeater.
- Extract the firmware file.
- Open a new tab in your internet browser.
- In the address bar of the browser, type the default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will get welcomed by the official login page of your TP-Link repeater.
- Enter the default login username and password.
- Click the Log In button.
- Once logged in, head over to the Settings menu.
- Under System Tools, select Firmware Update.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select Upload.
In some time, you will be able to update the firmware of your TP-Link repeater by accessing the TP Link extender login page with ease.
- Reset Your TP-Link Repeater
Are you still going bonkers because of the TP-Link repeater amber light issue? Well, that isn’t good. But, we still have one last troubleshooting hack left that might assist you. And that is, resetting your wireless repeater.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and get to know how to restore your device to the factory default settings:
- Find the Reset button located on your TP-Link repeater.
- Grab a pointy object and use it to press the Reset button.
- Hold on for some time.
Once you are done resetting your device, reinstall it via http tplinkrepeater net
With that, we have concluded our guide to troubleshoot the TP-Link repeater amber light issue. It is expected that after following the hacks mentioned above, you will be able to get rid of the amber light issue.
If you are aware of any other troubleshooting hack through which the same issue can be fixed, do let us know via the comment section.