Even if you have one of the greatest wireless routers money can buy, it’s easy to find that your home Wi-Fi network starts to suffer with all that internet activity now that so many of us work from home or just binge-watch Netflix and YouTube due to lockout constraints.
To upgrade their home Wi-Fi, many people purchase new routers and even pricey mesh networking systems, but a straightforward range extender frequently offers a more practical and budget-friendly option. A range extender, as its name indicates, may strengthen the Wi-Fi from your current router, enabling it to reach upstairs bedrooms or outside.
By asking you questions, Guided Assistance helps you diagnose the problem with your Brostrend gadget. By establishing a connection to an existing network and enhancing coverage, the Brostrend range extender enhances your home WiFi network. The Brostrend AC1200 setup Wifi extension lets you connect up to 20 devices, which is wonderful news. You can set up your extension with the aid of the next set of instructions.
We advise configuring your extender via re.brostrend.com for newer devices. See the following articles for further details. Using re.brostrend.com, how can I install my extender?
The following guidelines are advised for all other extenders.
How to install your extender
- Connect the extender cord.
The LED Power lights.
Press the Power or On/Off button if your Power LED is not lit.
- Join the WiFi network provided by the extender with your PC or mobile device.
Brostrend EXT is the default WiFi network name (SSID) for the extender. Either the password for the extension network is password, or it is not password.
If the Internet is down, a warning message can appear on your device. This should be anticipated. Maintain your WiFi connection.
- Next, launch com or put 192.168.0.254 into the address bar of your browser. The page for new extender setup appears.
- Tap or click NEW EXTENDER SETUP.
Accept the terms and conditions by selecting YES or I AGREE if asked.
- Select the admin brostrend wifi extender login for your extender.
These login details are required to access the web browser settings for your extender.
We advise keeping the default Username of admin alone and using a password distinct from the one you use for your WiFi network.
- From the drop-down choices, pick two security questions, and then respond to them.
If you forget your brostrend wifi extender login credentials, you can use these questions to get them.
- Tap or click Next.
If your extension prompts you to utilize the brostrend extender setup Genie to assist, choose YES or CONTINUE by clicking or tapping.
The extension looks for nearby WiFi networks.
- Choose the radio buttons to the right of the 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi Network Names for your network (SSID).
Click or tap See More if you can’t see your networks.
- Tap or click Next.
- Click or touch NEXT after entering the brostrend extender login id password for your current network.
- SSIDs and passwords should be chosen for your brostrend extender setup. With the suffixes _2GEXT for 2.4GHz and _5GEXT for 5GHz bands, the extender’s default configuration is to utilise the name of your present network. The default password for each band is the same as your existing network’s password.
- (Optional) You have the choice to use the same WiFi name and password for mesh extenders as your current network. If your brostrend extender setup supports it, tick the Enable One WiFi Name check box to activate it. As a result, your brostrend extender setup may access your current SSID and password for a WiFi network are the same.
- Tap or click Next. Your parameters are used by the extension. This might need some time. The WiFi network name (SSID) and password are displayed on the extender for each of the bands it has. Note them down.
- Go to the WiFi settings of the device you want to connect to the extender network on and choose the new network that the extender has created.
- Return to your web browser and click or tap CONTINUE after checking the box at the bottom of the page.
Your network’s reach is now being extended by your extender. Your extender is ready to use once you’ve finished the preceding setup instructions. Place it where it will provide the best coverage in your house, and Wi-Fi-enabled devices like tablets, laptops, and cell phones will connect to it automatically. Both the power and wireless connection indicators should be green; if one of them is orange or red, the device has to be physically closer to the Wi-Fi router.
The extension may be used with a distinct SSID and/or password if you’d like, but there isn’t much of an advantage unless you just want to connect to the extender or router and not the other equipment. Connect the Ethernet cable to the extender first and then the device itself if you’re using your extender for a wired device, such as a desktop computer or gaming console.