You might have played the 2048 game. It’s a simple game where you twofold the numbers inside the cube to get the final answer as 2048. While playing these math games you learned the double of 128, 256, 512, etc. So the app made it easy for you to understand how to double a number and the doubled values of higher numbers.
Similarly, cuemath uses a bunch of concept-based games to make it easier for students to comprehend the concepts. The attention span of kids fluctuates from 8 minutes to 48 minutes relying on their age. 4-year-old kids’ attention span is up to 8 minutes, whereas 16-year-old kids’ attention span is up to 48 minutes. The attention span of kids can be enhanced, by adding creativity to the class.Cuemath uses 10 minutes of a class for math games to make the students more involved. Reasoning, core math, and logical games are played by the students.
Recreational mathematics involves puzzles and games that often attract kids and adults. It inspires them to continue their studies in maths. A mathematical game is a game whose rules, methodologies, and results are characterized by clear mathematical boundaries. These games do not require great knowledge of mathematics to play. Ex: 2048, sudoku, etc.
Math puzzles are an integral part of recreational mathematics. They require knowledge of maths to solve them. Ex: Rubik’s cube, logic puzzles, etc.
How to Extend Kids’ Attention Span?
Adoption of these few ways helps the kids to increase attention span.
- Include break time: Kids’ concentration is improved when you introduce a break in the class. Ex: If a 1-hour class is split into two sessions of 30 minutes by offering a 5 minutes break to stretch or relax. It can help the kids to stay focused in the class.
- Include creativity in the subject: If a kid is not interested in maths, then make him do the work by using different colored pens or stickers. The use of colors attracts the kids towards their homework.
- Avoid distracting things or gadgets: The kid should not have any kind of distracting things around him/her while studying. Gadgets, toys, etc near the study area distract the kids very easily.
- Rate the challenges: Rate the questions solved by the kids according to the level of difficulty. This inspires kids to solve difficult problems.
- Break the work into small parts: If a kid is solving complex problems, make him solve 1 problem at a time. Ask him to take a 5 minutes break and then go for the next one.
- Play games: If a kid is struggling to understand a concept, make him play games involving the same concept. This will help him understand the concept easily.
Cuemath teachers are well trained in the above-mentioned skills. They involve a suitable method for a kid to enhance their attention based on their level of attention. The curriculum of cuemath is in sync with the school curriculum. It believes in the active learning of math. There are N number of math games, but choosing them appropriately for your kid’s level is a challenging task. You cannot pressurize a kid to play a higher-level game. The evolution of online games has broadened the paths of education. But we have to act wisely by choosing an appropriate one.
Kids of the twentieth century are well aware of online classes, games, etc. It is a challenging task for parents to keep them focused on a proper path. Cuemath aids you in achieving the task by giving the kids the real flavor of maths.