Rockspace range extenders are the best networking devices to enhance the speed of your existing network, but they can be frustrating if they keep disconnecting. If you are also facing this issue and due to this problem you are not able to connect the extender’s network i.e. Rockspace_ext. Well, no need to worry. Many users all around the globe face the same problem. To fix the extender keeps disconnecting issue walk through the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article.
Causes: Rockspace Extender Keeps Disconnecting Issue
There are many reasons why your TP-Link range extender keeps disconnecting. Here is a list of a few most common factors:
1. The wrong placement of the Rockspace extender and the host router.
2. Your devices are connected to the wrong WiFi network.
3. Loose or faulty power cable connection.
4. Incomplete extender setup.
Resolved: Rockspace Extender Keeps Disconnecting Issue
The approach to resolve the Rockspace range extender is straightforward. Follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below:
I. Power Cycle Your Rockspace Extender
We are all aware of how even the best networking gear can operate poorly due to technological issues. Most likely, these are also contributing to the Rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue.
If so, you must restart your wifi extender to get rid of them. Restarting your Rockspace range extender is as simple as this:
- First of all, disconnect the host router from the Rockspace extender.
- Thereafter, power off your range extender and remove it from the wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Now, put the extender back into the power source and turn it on.
- Reconnect the Rockspace extender to the home router.
Once done, confirm that whether the extender keeps disconnecting issue still remains. If it is, then move to the next troubleshooting step.
II. Verify the Ethernet Cable
Be sure that the Ethernet cable you use to connect the Rockspace WiFi range extender and the host router must be free of fault. Just in case, it isn’t, we suggest you get it changed with a brand new one. Apart from this, you can also connect your WiFi devices wireless.
III. Relocate Your WiFi Devices
Another way to fix the Rockspace range extender keeps disconnecting issue is by changing the position of your WiFi devices right now. Locate it in the center of an airy room or on a higher surface. Besides this, make sure that the room is not bottlenecked. Along with that, ensure that your extender and router are placed in the same room.
IV. Perform Factory Reset
Last but not least, if none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting hacks worked in your favor then it’s high time to reset the range extender to its factory default mode. If you have no idea how to reset the Rockspace extender then go through the steps given below:
- First of all, look for the reset button on your extender.
- Next, take a sharp pointed object including a paper clip, or toothpick.
- Now, press the button using a toothpick.
- Wait for a couple of seconds, and release the button.
In this way, you can reset the Rockspace range extender to its factory default resetting. Just in case, you are still facing this issue update the extender firmware.
V. Update Extender Firmware
As we all know firmware software improves the speed of the networking device. You can update the firmware of your Rockspace range extender to fix the keeps disconnecting issue. If you are not sure about how to update your device, follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Connect your Rockspace extender to the host router.
- Thereafter, download the latest firmware version.
- Turn on your client device like a laptop, or computer.
- Open a web browser.
- Now, in the link bar type the default web address i.e. re.rockspace.local.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Within a few seconds, the Rockspace range extender login window will appear.
- Here, fill in the default login credentials.
- As soon as you enter it, click on the Log in.
- Once you are reached on the Rockspace extender dashboard navigate to the settings.
- Here, select the “Management” tab and then click on “Firmware Update” option.
- If any update is available, then follow the on-screen instructions and upgrade the firmware.
The Final Thoughts
Coming across the Rockspace range extender keeps disconnecting issue is quite common. But, what matters is how you resolve it. If you take the help of the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post, you will surely be able to fix it in no time. If you liked reading this article and want others to learn about what you did, do share it with your fellow readers via the comment section.
Read more if you facing more issues about rockspace extender setup