“The LED light on my Netgear Orbi router is blinking blue. As far as I remember, I performed Netgear Orbi setup properly, so why am I facing this issue? What should I do to troubleshoot it?”
If you are also experiencing the Netgear Orbi blue light issue, then it might be because of the following reasons:
- Your Orbi router is not running on an updated firmware version.
- The signals of your wireless device are getting interrupted or blocked.
- Perhaps you did not perform Netgear Orbi setup properly after all.
- Technical glitches can also cause the Netgear Orbi blue light issue.
Continue reading this post and learn about various ways through which you can stop the LED on your Netgear wireless device from blinking blue.
Troubleshooting Netgear Orbi Blue Light Issue
- Reboot Your Netgear Orbi Router
As mentioned above, technical glitches are one of the many reasons why the LED light on your Netgear Orbi router is blinking blue. To get rid of these glitches, rebooting your wireless router is what you should do.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reboot your device:
- Disconnect all your client devices connected to the network of your Orbi.
- Turn off your Netgear Orbi router and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Hold on for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your Netgear Orbi router back into its wall socket and turn it on.
- Reconnect all your client devices to the network of your Orbi router.
Now, check whether the Netgear Orbi blue light issue persists. If it does, it is recommended that you follow the next troubleshooting hack.
- Avoid Signal Interference
WiFi interference is known to cause various technical issues. To avoid facing any further technical issues with your Netgear Orbi router, it is advised that change its location. And while locating, make sure that it is not being kept near any of the following things:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Bluetooth speakers
- Fish tanks
- Microwave ovens
- Aluminum studs
- Concrete walls
Also, do not place your Orbi router near utensils containing a large amount of water.
- Perform Orbi Firmware Update
You can also try performing Netgear Orbi firmware update in order to troubleshoot the blue light issue.
What happened? Are you not sure about the process? Well, if that is the case, then follow the guidelines highlighted below and get to know how to update the firmware of your device to the latest version:
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser like Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Opera, etc.
- In the address field of the internet browser, type orbilogin.net.
Note: You can also use the default IP address to log in to your Netgear Orbi router.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will get welcomed by the Netgear Orbi login page.
- When prompted, input the default admin username and password.
- Click the Log In button.
- Once you have logged in, head over to the Settings menu.
- Under the Maintenance option, click Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
You can also update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router using the Orbi app.
- Reset Your Netgear Orbi Router
Unfortunately, if none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks have helped fix the Netgear Orbi blue light issue, consider performing factory default reset.
You can reset your wireless device using the following steps:
- Find the Reset button on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Get hold of a pointy object and press the Reset button using it.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
Once you have finished resetting your wireless device, reconfigure your Orbi device by accessing the orbi login page. If you are not sure about the setup process, refer to the Netgear user manual.
The Bottom Line
Coming across the Netgear Orbi blue light issue is quite common. However, resolving it is not. If you carefully follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned above, there is nothing that can stop you from getting rid of the issue you were facing. If what we are saying comes true, do leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.