Do you wake up tired with an aching neck? Is it that you toss and turn in bed every night?
Even though there could be multiple reasons for this- an intensive workout, improper sleep, or that you had a hard day- it is imperative to find the underlying cause behind the same.
The problem stems from sleeping in an inappropriate sleeping posture. Thus, it stands extremely important to learn about sleep ergonomics and know ways to fix your sleeping ways to lead a healthier life.
Scientists have emphasized the importance of proper sleep since time immemorial, and companies as SwissAire help you do that.
So, if you struggle with getting a good night’s sleep, this article will take you through the most critical aspects of sleep ergonomics.
What are sleep ergonomics?
Sleep ergonomics is concerned with your sleeping posture. Your sleeping posture has a lot to do with how you feel when you wake up, your mental and physical health, and the health of your joints.
Scientifically, some postures are better and more comfortable than others. For instance, sleeping on your stomach has to be one of the unhealthiest ways of sleeping as it puts pressure on your back and spine.
How to improve your sleeping posture?
There are a lot of ways to fix your sleeping posture. They require you to be alert and determined.
Some ways to improve sleep ergonomics are:
- Try reducing the time you sleep on your stomach. Attempt to sleep on your back or side instead.
- Consult a sleep doctor to determine and pick the best-suited pillow and mattress for you.
- There is more than one way to use a pillow. Use a couple of pillows and place them correctly between your knees and under your neck to minimize strain on your spine.
- You must use an appropriate, best-quality mattress and replace them regularly. Your mattress shouldn’t be too flat or too bouncy. It should support your back but also be light on it when you turn.
- Sleep in a comfortable position with your body aligned. This will prevent you from twisting into a painful position.
Other Helpful Tips to Improve the Quality of Sleep
While sleep ergonomics form the base of the problem, there are some other tips that you can follow to get better sleep. A list of the same is mentioned below:
- Follow a sleep schedule diligently.
- Take a balanced diet.
- Create a peaceful and mindful environment before sleeping.
- Your room should preferably be cool and dark.
- Listen to soothing tunes.
- Cut down on caffeine and alcohol consumption at night.
- Take a bath before going to bed.
- Read for 30 minutes before sleep.
- Avoid daytime naps.
- Make time for physical activity.
- Try to meditate to mitigate stress.
The Bottom Line
If you’re having trouble sleeping, understand that you’re not alone. And there are ways to fix this problem.
Among many other reasons, factually, disturbed sleep can be attributed to incorrect sleeping posture. To fix sleep ergonomics naturally and holistically, you must consider seeking help from seasoned professionals like SwissAire.
This article decodes what sleep ergonomics is and walks you through various tips that can be useful whilst trying to sleep one’s quality of sleep. Following these tips for a prolonged period can help you fight the problem of an incorrect sleeping posture.